sábado, 1 de julho de 2017

Lilou



Lilou is a fresh wooly soul. She was born into the early morning, along with all the birds' first songs of the day. When she cried her first baby cry, the morning star smiled: She has a bright future ahead, she sure does! She is so loved...
Little Lilou was born in my dreams long before I could bring her to dolly-life.



I dreamed of a baby that had that newborn squishy sweet face. I saw her face in my mind, and it was almost like she could breathe, like my own little pinocchio. But I had to wait looooong before I could use my hands to bring her from my mind into the real world.

My skills needed to mature so I could walk the right path towards this little wool baby.



Then that day came. I woke up, and I knew I could finally meet her in real life!
I started rolling the wool for her head. Many days and many nights went into finding her face in the wool with my felting needles.
I loved her from begining, but it was a magical moment when I finally got to see her little face in my hands!




I designed a new body pattern for her. She has firmly stuffed, weighted limbs. But her belly is linned with fleece, weighted, and only softly stuffed. So she is really posable, and her movements are truly lifelike.

Lilou measures around 16in and fits loosely into NB clothes, like a real newborn baby.
She was made with sunkissed DWE, stuffed with sweet smelling sheep's wool. She is weighted with rock sand. Her hair is a blond mohair kemper wig securely sewn in place.
She was colored with beeswax crayons and CaranD'Ache pencils (that is why she is NOT WASHABLE and I highly recomend her to adult collectors or 8+ gentle kids)


She goes home with:
Flanel sacque
vintage style diaper cover
simple vintage style cloth diaper with a pin
Pink beanie
Pink blanket (knitted by Isaura Carvalho)
Yellow booties (Also knitted by Isaura Carvalho)
Paci with magnet (CAREFULL AROUND LITTLE ONES)
Merino wool bonnet
Chambray flowery romper
She is hoping to know her mama's (or daddy's) name today!

You can see more pics of Lilou here

7 comentários:

  1. Eu queria aprender a fazer este lindo bebê e muito lindo e eu não tenho condições para comprar...teria como mandar Os moldes desse bebezinho

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Just found your blog yesterday, and I am amazed by your work. I wish you could post what you've done since 2017, you have magic hands !

    ResponderExcluir
  3. i really really need a littl Lilou... is there any opotunity to buy a sister same like Lilou?

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Hi, my name is Pame, and I live in Belgium.
    I want to ask you if I could buy you the baby waldorf pattern you have. since I am crazy about babies and I would love to do it.
    I hope it's possible.
    Thank you.
    Pame from Belgium

    ResponderExcluir